Thursday 18 March 2010

foreigner

i think many of you know that i don't exactly consider myself as being 'singaporean', mainly deal to the denial i received in early days in singapore. i very much label myself as being HK who carries a singaporean passport.

being a foreigner in australia, people often ask where am i from, and i find it hard to answer.

i was grouped with 3 girls from hong kong in a tutorial group to work on a workshop for later week. and i can tell they regard me as a 'singaporean', even though we speak cantonese in discussing etc. the feeling of being 'rejected' by 'country man' is...... i don't know how should i describe it. sour?

-----

just read an article from goal.com

"A lot of Koreans asked me, how can you root for America when you are obviously Korean? I don't think they understand. I am an American citizen. If I played soccer or any Olympic sport, I would be representing America, not Korea. I learned firsthand how hard it must be for the men's national team to play on foreign soil and what joy opposing fans get when America loses. When we win, it makes it that much sweeter to rob them off that."

=====

No comments: